Tear of a Negro Woman


I found a negro woman


who was weeping,


and begged her for a tear


I could analyze.


I collected the tear


(taking utmost care)


in a test tube


that had been sterilized.


I observed it from one side


to the other, and in front:


it seemed just a drop


of very clear air.


I extracted it with acids,


with alkalines, and salts,


and such substances as used


in these cases.


Probed with ice,


and lit with fire,


it gave the same result


everytime:


Neither blackness


nor anything foul was found,


almost only purely water


and sodium chloride.


António Gedeao

Kommentare

  1. Just wonderful, my Dear! And do you know that I am, presently, in "a António Gedeão mood"?
    And yesterday, when I nhew Mel Ferrer had died I immediately was sure that you were going to speak of him. I just love Audrey Hepburn, too. Are you following my personal view about Africa? Well, it´s personal. May be is not The Truth, but it is truth. My truth.
    Be happy, Carmo

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tudo menos plano!